Bathroom sinks and tubs are often clogged by hair, soap build-up, and oils from personal hygiene products. Stand-up showers tend to clog due to the mineral build-up that collects on the actual trap catching all hair. Even toilets, especially older toilets that are designed with very sharp turns where all waste goes through can be clogged up by overuse of toilet paper, flushable wipes, feminine products, toys, and fecal matter.
Here at IG Sewer and Drain Cleaning Services, all our technicians in Norwood, NJ are fully equipped with all knowledge and the tools to get the job done. We will also provide DIY tips and ways to maintain and prevent future clogs.
There are basically three steps involved in shower drain cleaning - check if the clog is at the shoe assembly, set up drop cloth and run the mechanical snake when is further down the line.
- We will check the screen many times all the hair gets caught there
- Then using a powerful vacuum cleaner to pick up the dirt and debri will help
- Snaking is done using a cable machine to clean the drain thoroughly.
- Every 2 to 4 weeks should be enough to prevent hair getting down the drain .
- If there is an excessive build-up or foul smell, you may need to clean them more often.
- When the water starts coming out of the bathroom sink slowly .
- When the water coming out of the shower is discolored or has a strong odor.
- When the toilet becomes slow to flush.
- Make sure that all the drains in the bathroom are treated with liquid enzymes.
- Make sure you regularly clean all lose hair around tubs and sinks.
- Get rid of any clutter and unnecessary items on the bathroom sink and shelves.
- Use a plunger to clear any minor clogged areas.
I contacted Ignacio through Home Advisor to unclog our main sewer line. He arrived on time ( in less than two hours) explained what was needed and quickly got to work. His pricing was very fair , work was excellent and he cleaned up everything before leaving. I would highly recommend IG Sewer & Drain.
Ignacio was a pleasure to work with. He was able to respond on the same day to help with a sewer back up into my basement. He talked me through the whole process and worked tirelessly to resolve the issue, which was more difficult than he initially thought. IG is a great local business that can help resolve all your plumbing needs!
What we thought was a small problem with our bathroom sink turned into a major problem with our sewer system. The problem was long and tedious. Ignacio came in and assessed the problem. He was professional, friendly and very knowledgeable in his work. He knew exactly what to do. I would recommend him to anyone who has a problem with drains and sewers. He works very hard and makes sure the problem is solved before the day ends. Thank you, Ignacio.