Residential Pump Replacement
Residential Pump Replacement
Nothing like having a good working pump. Major floods can happen in your home if you have a broken pump. In the time of rain, the last thing you want to think about is if your pump is functioning.
Here at IG sewer and drain our team is here to help you with all your needs from maintenance to full replacement of all sources of pumps, like sump pumps, Sewer ejector pumps, and backup pumps.
IG sewer and drain service professionals have the knowledge, tools and are trained to diagnose all sources of problems with sump pumps If they are sized correctly and can handle the amount of water needed. The proper size is also extremely important depending on the amount of water needed to be pumped out. The sewage pumps can have multiple float switches creating pumps to malfunction and overflow of sewage pits can go unnoticed creating foul smells all throughout the house. When you schedule a pump service or replacement with IG Sewer and drain we will provide fast and reliable service.
Types of Residential Pumps
- Sump pumps are used for pumping water out of a basement.
- Septic systems also use a pump to empty the septic tank.
- Hosepumps are used to move water in pipes and can be found in washing machines, dishwashers, and toilets.
- Watering systems use a pump to move water from an irrigation system to the plants.
- Suction pumps are used to move water or other fluid substances.
- Discharge pumps are used to discharge water, sludge, or other fluid substances.
How often should Residential Pumps be replaced?
- The frequency of pumping depends on the type of pump and the terrain on which it is installed.
- Pumps that are used in soft soils should be replaced every 3 to 5 years, while those in hard soils can last for 10 to 15 years.
- In case of a malfunction, the pump should be serviced as soon as possible.
After Care For a Residential Pump Replacement
After a pump replacement, it is important to take the necessary precautions to avoid any injury.
- Always wear gloves when handling the pump.
- Do not touch the discharge line or the discharge pipe.
- Do not touch anything that comes in contact with the water that has been discharged from the pump.
- Make sure that you open all valves and traps properly after replacing the pump.
What Our Clients Say About Our Services
We had an emergency plumbing issue & Ignacio showed up at 10pm on a Saturday evening to help us out. He was very professional & friendly. He explained what the issue was, how he fixed it, & then clearly gave us next steps. We will use him again for sure. Highly recommend him!
Had a clogged kitchen sink. Called Ignacio and he was able to come out the next day. Gave me a run down of what to expect with upfront pricing. Professional, prompt and honest. I’ve already recommended him to a few other folks.
Ignacio was on time, thorough, and professional. He even noticed an issue during his inspection that was outside of his job scope! Would recommend for anyone who needs a sewer line inspection.